
My artistic process relies a lot on spur of the moment inspiration. I can spend hours trying to come up with a good idea for a photograph, without success. Then, as soon as I decide to take a break, I have an idea. When we were doing the equivalents project last year, my first photo had a warm tint to it, but I could not find a good equivalent, because the sun made every photo taken outside blue tinted. After a dozen failed attempts, I sat down at a table that had a pair of sunglasses on it. A couple minutes after seeing them, as I was walking away, I realized that I could put them in front of the shutter to block out the blue from the sun, and I had my second equivalent with the next subject I took a photo of. Usually this is how it works, I walk around with a camera until I see something interesting, or that could be interesting with a few changes. This normally works out; however, it does cause times when I just don’t have any ideas on a subject, despite thinking about it all day.
I love this post! This is a great observation, and this kind of process is certainly relate-able for many artists. Very nice.
ReplyDelete